LOOK NO FURTHER FOR INSPIRATION IN EAST LOTHIAN
WHY SCOTLAND’S GOLF COAST MUST BE YOUR NEXT GOLF TRIP DESTINATION
Not wanting to wish time away, but thoughts head towards next year’s golf trip. November is historically a popular month for advance bookings. Our hotels, resorts, bed and breakfasts and golf courses have seen an encouraging number of golfers booking for 2023. It’s also no surprise to hear that enquiries have arrived for 2024 and 2025. Here are 10 recommendations for your next golf trip to East Lothian.
Scotland’s Golf Coast is an increasingly popular destination, so don’t be disappointed, make an enquiry, get a quote, check tee time availability, it’s NEVER too early.
- The region is approximately 4 hours from Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds and Nottingham. The furthest of our golf courses is 50 minutes from Edinburgh airport.
- With North Berwick, Dunbar, Gullane and Aberlady all fun towns with plenty of places to eat and drink, base yourself in one and no golf course will be more than 30 minutes away.
- Dunbar has two golf courses (Winterfield and Dunbar). North Berwick has two golf courses (The Glen and North Berwick).
- Craigielaw Golf Club has its own Lodge accommodation, an 18-hole links golf course and Kilspindie as a close neighbour, just a Mickelson lob over the wall.
- If you want to sample the Edinburgh nightlife, a taxi is 30 minutes away, Or, jump on the train at North Berwick (30 mins) or Longniddry station (20 mins).
- The lowland home of Johnnie Walker is Glenkinchie, located only 10 minutes from the 9-hole parkland treat of Gifford.
- Musselburgh Old Links is 350 years old this year. 9 holes with a set of hickories is a memory waiting to be made.
- Musselburgh Old Links is located in the middle of Musselburgh Racecourse. A birdie on the Friday, check the schedule for a flutter on the Saturday.
- What do Luffness, Muirfield, North Berwick and Dunbar have in common? Old Tom Morris. Tick them off your list.
- East Lothian is Scotland’s Food and Drink County. Seafood, meat, gin, beer, chocolate, ice cream. What better can complement your golf trip?
Pour yourself a dram, put your feet up, browse the site and imagine. Don’t forget, why wait until June, our micro-climate makes February golf possible. We recommend it!